About the US Trail Running Conference Trails Challenge
Terrain Scouts and the US Trail Running Conference invite you to complete as many miles of Mukilteo's trails as you can during the dates of the US Trail Running Conference. This trails challenge was built to create a friendly competition between the conference participants, and whether you run, walk, or hike, all participants are encouraged to participate by signing up and recording your trail activities. It’s free to register and sign-up is easy. Connect to one of the many activity tracking options during registration so we can view your activities.
Your trail can be the sidewalk outside your hotel or one of the area's fantastic trails, it’s up to you! You can complete more than one run in a day, however there will be a maximum of 10 runs that can be completed over the 4 day challenge.
The challenge runs from October 17 - 20. Unlock rewards throughout the challenge by completing Promoted Trails and compete for prizes awarded at the conclusion of the conference.
- October 1 - Registration opens
- October 17 - Trail Challenge begins (12:00AM)
- October 20 - End of Trail Challenge (2:00PM)
- October 20 - Awards Ceremony (3:00PM)
Be sure to check in on the Dashboard throughout the days of the conference to see your progress, view the Current Standings, Team Ranking, Activity Feed, and Participant Chat. And don’t forget to upload photos from your trail time on Instagram using #trailconference
Registration is Easy and Free
1. Create an account with Terrain Scouts.
2. Register for the USTRC Trails Challenge.
3. Link an Activity Tracking account to the challenge (don’t worry, there are several free tracking options!)
4. If you are using an activity tracking app on your phone, be sure it is downloaded and that you are logged on. Better yet, go test it out and make sure you know how to start, end, and save your activities!
About Terrain Scouts
The Terrain Scouts challenge platform is a new type of activity challenge based upon the completion of specific trails or miles within a community. Completely customizable to anywhere in the world, Terrain Scouts offers the unique opportunity for people to get out, discover, and experience the trails. It gamifies your local trails to drive people to new locations, deliver unique messaging, and interact with their local trail community and supporting businesses.
Summer or winter, the challenges are designed for participants to rediscover their favorite trails, learn about new or lesser-known trails, push their limits, and recreate locally.
Choose your trails and the duration of time needed for registration and the challenge. It's built for your needs!
The Terrain Scouts platform is fully customizable to fit your brand's look and feel including imagery, logos, colors, and fonts, both on the challenge pages and in emails.
Once registered, participants connect to one of the many activity tracking devices or apps that are offered and then hit the trails, it's that simple!
Businesses and Trail Advocacy Organizations Terrain Scouts has collaborated with:
- Oboz Footwear, REI, Public Lands, Mammoth Lakes Tourism, Whole Earth Provision, Tahoe Mountain Sports, Outdoor Gear Exchange, Brown's Shoe Fit, Schnee's, The Trail Head, Eventus EXP.
- Allegheny Land Trust, Arc of Appalachia, Bridger Ski Foundation, Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association, Five Valleys Land Trust, Friends of the Inyo, Friends of Metro Parks, Gallatin Valley Land Trust, Green Mountain Club, Hill Country Conservancy, Mammoth Lakes Recreation, Poudre Wilderness Volunteers, Rachel Carson Trails Conservancy, Trail Pittsburgh, Truckee Donner Land Trust, Truckee Trails Foundation.